Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Are you still with me?

I was shocked when I read when my last post was! Moving is like being in a time warp. Good thing my husband is paying the bills these days.... As I said, he is still in Michigan, now I'm here in Central New York. Here to live out the dream (!) I'm still trying to get my act together with regard to New York's homeschooling laws and so not so much communing with nature (the hills, the barns, the stream...) yet. But we have ploughed a good-sized garden and planted a cover crop. And so the spring will be much anticipated.

It is hard to put together deep thoughts here, although I think much about anonymity. Maybe it is the generation I grew up in (or the one that parented me!), but, despite the immense satisfaction I get from being at home with my children, I still wish I were "someone out there in the world." Fr. Francis Martin said that 90 percent (or was it 95 percent) of what we have in our brains is heresy. I think that my definition of what constitutes "the world" may apply.

5 Comments:

Blogger Juliet said...

I can't remember how I found your blog but I check in every few weeks and can't wait to hear about your new home! It sounds very Laura Ingalls-ish! I used to dream about raising my kids on a farm too. Well, we live in the desert so the dream will have to wait!

Have fun!

Juliet

1:52 PM  
Blogger antonia said...

Although I am only a new reader...yes, i am still here & reading! I can imagine that 'the move' must've been a lot of work for you all.

That's really interesting what Fr. Francis Martin said; it's often something I think about too. I find myself wondering how much I should trust my own feelings/thoughts/opinions because they can be so badly skewed by the heresy and lies of the world. I'm not saying this specifically related to what you said...it's just something that I often contemplate about myself. Society has normalised sin, and horrendous things which should evoke feelings of scandal are just accepted as 'normal' parts of 'life'.

But that's why I'm so grateful for our Church; the Sacraments, the Saints help me put things into their proper perspective.

anyway, thanks for the quote! Sorry I rambled on so much with my own thoughts....I have my own blog to do that, I shouldn't be hogging yours...!!!

;-)

Best of luck again settling in to yournew home!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Mark Thomas said...

Friends, I am so grateful for your comments! Hmm..., Juliet, I don't know if it is Laura Ingalls, yet. I will keep you posted.

Antonia, yes, you are so right about the Church and the sacraments.... Blogged on that today!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

What have you found out about NY's Homeschooling laws? We're thinking of moving there ourselves, possibly soon.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Good to see you back! All the best in your new home.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home