Thursday, September 22, 2005

communio

Today, and atleast once a week, I wonder where the communio is. I mean communion with others. I used to think that a really big family was where it was at. I still accept, trust, and live the Church's teaching on procreativity with all my might. But my heart goes out to the women who feel stressed with one or two kids. In today's mobile culture, where do you turn when you need support--emotional, physical? If your parents are close, you are the exception. If you actually have genuine friends in your parish you are the exception. If you and your siblings still all have intact marriages you are the exception.

Someone out there, Lorenzo Albacete actually, said that the movement Communion and Liberation is Opus Dei for bad people. Maybe it is Opus Dei for the desperate.

Check out the Easter poster. That's my day today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ellyn said...

I know those days...
and as thankful as I am for my large family, I must admit that my favorite line from "It's a Wonderful Life" is the one when the distraught George Bailey comes home and says "You call this a happy family? What did we go and have all these kids for anyway?"

7:33 PM  
Blogger love2learnmom said...

Sister! Thanks for sharing your perspective. From another homeschool mom of 6 with a lot of sorrow on her plate right now.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Mark Thomas said...

I am so grateful for your comments!

11:02 AM  
Blogger earthie said...

CL is cool. That's my deep comment for today!! I've just started getting involved with it, and that's what it is... for wretches like me!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home