Monday, September 19, 2005

Agony

Today was a terrible day. Maybe it was because I took Clare to the pediatrician--is it the stress of getting there, the stress of the shots, the stress of feeling like I am a bad mother for vaccinating, and that I would be a bad mother for not vaccinating?... Whatever the case, by the time my husband got home I was fit to be tied. So we fought and then I escaped to the store to buy lint traps and taco shells. I went by the magazine aisle--hey, maybe a gardening magazine would pick me up. And there I say Britney, buxom and beautiful, sparkling with pregnant sensuality on the cover of Elle. And then I just got madder because after baby number six my body is a wreck. So I got out of the store and figured that I had better not go home because we would just fight again because now I am fightin' mad.

So I went to adoration instead. I sat there and complained to Jesus. Hey, I am almost middle-aged with the body to show for it and, by the way, there are those two theology degrees which I got at great sacrifice and I am doing nothing with them. I love you, Jesus, I love your Church, and I love my children. I am making sacrifices.

So did I, He said.

So, what can I respond to that? But I still want to know what the degrees were for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Your degrees are NEVER wasted, even if you are not using them for personal profit at this time.
I've been chewing on the same thing myself, lately....

7:17 PM  
Blogger Juliet said...

The degrees certainly aren't wasted! I'm currently getting my master's in history. I have four kids and as you say - the body to prove it. But since I can't really improve my body - I'll improve my mind! I find that I can hold my own much better with people who usually run roughshod over my beliefs. If only to become a better witness to Christ - it will be worth it!

I don't know if you'll even see this comment s this post is old (for a blog!) but I do enjoy what you write!

Juliet MacDonald

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home